Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Indigo Juice Smoothie


Hi folks,
 
    I whipped up one of my favorite juice smoothies today.  It's incredibly simple and it only requires 4 ingredients.  1 peeled Cara Cara orange (you can buy a bag of these at Costco, they're really sweet and  have recently become my staple orange), you can always substitute with a Florida orange (just seed it, the Cara Cara's are seedless), 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup pineapple juice, and 1 cup frozen blueberries.  This will make about 2 medium servings.  Toss all of the ingredients into a blender (I made this in my Vita mix, but have made it several times in a regular blender/magic bullet).  I can't wait to make more of this chilled treat as the warmer weather approaches.  Frankly, I could probably down a big gulp sized one of these with no trouble at all.  Enjoy, and if you try it let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment